top of page

Report: Your Role in Protecting the Environment

Anyone can become an environmental watchdog by simply being aware of their surroundings. If you notice something that is worrying or troubling, it's important to speak up. As a watchdog, you have the power to inform the public about environmental issues. You can do this by reporting things like a sudden decrease in fish population, the possible excessive growth of algae, a harmful algal bloom, injured manatees, and other ecological problems. To make reporting easier, we provide a webpage with information on where you can report these findings. We even have a special form for people who want to report environmental issues anonymously.

Report Environmental Violations to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

Violation of environmental laws takes many different forms. Some are done intentionally and may be criminal violations. Some of those violations may include: 

  • Illegal disposal of hazardous waste

  • Export of hazardous waste without the permission of the receiving country

  • Illegal discharge of pollutants into the water of the United States

  • The removal and disposal of regulated asbestos-containing materials in a manner inconsistent with the law and regulations

  • Illegal importation of certain restricted or regulated chemicals into the United States

  • Tampering with a drinking water supply

  • Mail fraud/Wire fraud

  • Conspiracy

  • Money laundering relating to environmental criminal activities

Phone: 1-800-424-8802

Learn how you are protected:

Reporting Portal:

Florida Environmental Reporting

Disease Reporting

Healthcare and laboratory providers are required to report conditions of public health importance to the Florida Department of Health (FDOH).

Hazardous Waste Site Health Risk Assessment 

Phone: 1-877-798-2772


Address: 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin A-08, Tallahassee, FL 32399


Submit Public Records Request to Florida Department of Health


Phone: 850-245-4005

Address: 4052 Bald Cypress Way -Bin A02, Tallahassee, Florida 32399


Submit Public Records Request to Florida Department of Environmental Protection



Submit Pollution Notice

Submit a notice of pollution for reportable releases to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP).

Submit Notice:

Report Blue Green Algae Blooms

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) investigates algae blooms. 

Phone: 1-855-305-3903


Report Dead Bird

Report a dead bird to the Florida Fish and Wildlife (FWC) Avian Mortality portal. 



Report Fish Kill

Report a fish kill to Florida Fish and Wildlife (FWC), and an aquatic health researcher will investigate the die-off. 

Phone: 1-800-636-0511


Report Health Effects from Red Tide

If you believe you're experiencing health effects from red tide, seek immediate assistance from a healthcare professional. 

Florida Poison Control Center: 1-800-222-1222

Report Red Tide

Call 1-866-300-9399 at any time to hear a recording about red tide conditions throughout Florida.

Link: Current Status Map

Report Something Illegal with Wildlife

Report dead or injured marine mammals or wildlife.

Phone: 1-888-404-FWCC


bottom of page